For those that missed the March 6th event, you can watch the recorded session on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ71ZkkZH2A
- Basic theory behind how brakes work
- How do parking brakes work?
- Key inspections and warning signs of impending failure
- Different braking components – how do I tell when it’s time to replace them and what choices do I have?
- How to safely work on brakes
- Basic steps involved in renewing a disc-brake system
- What if I decide to attend a track day?
- Advanced Topic #1: Anti-lock Braking Systems (ABS)
- Advanced Topic #2: Dealing with older high-mileage (especially rusty) vehicles
- Advanced Topic #3: The latest technology – carbon brakes
- “Zen and the Art of Car Maintenance”
- Paul Bowman, Ph.D. – ~45 years of experience in automotive maintenance/repairs/restoration with a focus on European classics. Member of BMWCCA Allegheny Chapter since 2003. Current BMW: 1995 318ti. Past BMWs include 1998 M Roadster and 2002 330i.
- Alexander Bowman, BS Mechanical Engineer, Vehicle Dynamics Chassis and Brakes at Honda of America Manufacturing. Also Allegheny County Chapter member. Current BMWs: 2005 BMW M3 Competition Package, 1988 325ix