About Touring Events
As an automobile club with a passion for BMWs, the Club provides many opportunities for members to enjoy their Ultimate Driving Machines including driving tours. Our Drive Meisters design tours which explore the many scenic and twisty back roads of western Pennsylvania, northern West Virginia, and eastern Ohio. If you are interested in learning more or want to help with a tour, please contact the Touring Committee chair at [email protected].
December 2021 Touring Committee Meetings Minutes
Allegheny Chapter of the BMW CCA
Touring Committee Meeting
Thursday, December 2, 2021
- The meeting started at 6:10 PM. In attendance were Glen Beattie, Dante Bongiorni, Britney Cohen-Orange, Steve Forest, Robert Kaminski, Tyler Lamb, Michael Meehan, Chris Wadsworth, Bob Weir, and Maxine Weir. Jim Gezo, David Miller, and Bill Permar were unable to attend.
- The minutes from the 3rd Quarter meeting were approved by Chris and seconded by Rob.
- The group discussed approving the committee name to be “The Touring Committee” and it was approved. Also, the group approved the bylaws and touring guidelines as presented. These documents will be forwarded to the Board for review, approval, and posting on the chapter’s website. Rob suggested that we update the Touring landing page on the chapter’s website to include these documents as well as the schedule of upcoming drives and meetings. Steve will follow-up with the webmaster.
- The 2022 drives were discussed. Steve reviewed the proposed change to the drives to shift away from five planned drives to three and to include more “low-key” drives that will occur on a Saturday or Sunday morning. The purpose is to be both more in line with other chapters and to make it easier for new Drive Meisters to get involved in planning drives. Chris will be the Drive Meister for the Spring drive, which will occur sometime in May and avoid the Mother’s Day and Memorial Day weekends. Glen will be the Drive Meister for the PVGP drive and Last Drive. Rob expressed interest in planning a drive in August. Steve mentioned Jeff’s email about hosting a joint drive with the Porsche and Audi clubs for the PVGP. Steve and Glen will meet with the representatives from those clubs to discuss the feasibility of this.
- Chris provided a detailed overview of using Basecamp to create and edit routes. He will provide the group with his notes.
- The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, February 10, 2022. The location will be in Mt. Lebanon at a location to be determined.
- The meeting was adjourned at 7:50 PM.
Check out some of our past Spring Drive events.
Our Spring Drive began with no rain – or SNOW! As we gathered in Cranberry to begin our journey, there was an excitement in the air for the drive. Our first drive of the year! Emilio Veneziano was our Drive Master and discussed the course as it had been laid out. A spirited ride through the back roads of Cranberry before jumping on 79 and exiting Bridgeville to take route roads and more back roads to our final destination. What could go wrong? Check out the next newsletter to find out!
Below you can see a few of the photos from the driving tour which took us to Cleveland, Ohio. Destination; The Western Reserve Historical Society and a tour of the Crawford Auto Museum.